Friday 1 June 2012

Summer Dessert!

This is the first day of summer! Happy Summer!

For this summer I wish:
Not too many mad hot days...
Lose weight...
Bake...
Calm situations everywhere...
Good time on our vacation...
Plan an amazing birthday for my Ioanna...

For the "Bake..." part, I decided to share one of my favourite desserts.

No Bake Cheesecake!!!!

I love cheesecake (baked or straight from the fridge, I do not care!).

It is very simple to make.

1 pack of biscuits (Digestive or Petit Beurre or both)
260gr butter or margarine melted
600gr cream cheese
250ml heavy cream
2 cups icing sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 can sour cherries strained
1/2 can juice from the cherries
2 tbs sugar
2 1/2 tbs corn flour

Crumble the biscuits and mix them with the butter. Put this mixture in a pan and press it evenly.
Mix the cream cheese, the heavy cream, the icing sugar and the lemon juice. Pour it over the biscuit base.
In a small saucepan mix the cherry juice and the corn flour. Make sure the corn flour is mixed well with no lumps. Boil until it is thick, let it cool completely and add the cherries. Pour evenly over the cheesecake and let it in the fridge overnight.

For the topping this time, I used both sour cherries and strawberry pie filling.

When I make this type of cheesecake, I prefer to use glass bowls and small glasses.
It is more impressive and more practical!
Nice and fluffy cream cheese cream!!!

In my opinion the individual portions are better, more appealing.


No comments: