Monday 18 June 2012

Dutch Porcelain cinnamon sugar cookies!

It was my mother's Name Day a little while back and she hosted a big Sunday lunch.
She has a thing for beautiful blue Dutch Porcelain items, so this is what I got her: a nice large bowl with a geometrical pattern in white and blue!

But....
since I am the kind of person who tries to find excuses to bake something, I decided that I had to fill the bowl. I couldn't just give it empty!!!!!

So I made cinnamon sugar cookies, using my go-to sugar cookie recipe and adding a little cinnamon.

This was my "guide".
I outlined and flooded the cookies.
I mixed a little gel colour with a drop or two of vodka and used a brush to draw.
I like drawing on food!
The cookies are bite size.
Can you see part of the bowl on the top left corner? The mug is mine (I like Dutch Porcelain as well!).

My mom loved them. She liked both the cookies and the idea itself!
Oh and the smell of cinnamon cookies.... OMG!


P.S. I started using PAINT. These are the first pictures I ever processed. I think they are a little brighter than I wanted, but I need practice...

No comments: