Thursday 15 March 2012

Vanilla cake and cupcakes!

We went to visit my sister and naturally I wanted to make a cake to go with our coffee.
I used my vanilla cake recipe, which I have been using for years!
As it yields a lot of batter (the recipe is enough for 2 bundt pans), I also made cupcakes!

Vanilla Cake

500gr self rising flour with vanilla flavor
250gr butter
400gr plain sugar
4 eggs
260ml milk

Beat butter until fluffy, add sugar, beat and then eggs 1 at a time. Beat for 3 more minutes. Beat in slowly flour and milk in turns.
Bake in a preheated oven 180o C for about 1 hour for a whole cake or about 30 minutes for the cupcakes.

It is really simple and you can put anything inside.

I used colored sprinkles in the batter and milk toffee candy in the cupcakes.



I always weigh my batter in the pans!



This is how my little darlings came out of the oven:



See the sprinkles? The milk candy went to the bottom of the cupcakes and melted like caramel, so it was really a nice crunchy surpise!

You cannot believe the smell!

I decided to do something else with the bundt cake. I cut it in half and spread apricot jam. Then I covered it with milk chocolate ganache!





More sprinkles!!!!!



We took the bundt cake to my sister and kept the cupcakes for us.......

No comments: