Friday 24 February 2012

Something simple for lunch!

I try to keep a balance diet programme during the week. Always one day of the week we are having legumes (beans, lentils, etc.). One of our favourite kind of beans are the Borlotti Beans. I buy them frozen from the supermarket, because so far I haven't found any fresh...



The recipe is very simple and you don't really need accurate quantities. I use my very dear friend, the pressure cooker!

BORLOTTI BEANS in tomato

1 500gr packet of borlotti beans
2 - 3 potatoes
1 large onion
1 tomato chopped
1 can of tomato puree
salt and pepper
olive oil

You chop the onion and cube the potatoes.

You put some oil in the pot and wait until it is hot.

First you brown the onion.

Then you put the beans in. It is not necessary to thaw them.

You add the potatoes, the tomatoes, 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water, salt and pepper and you cook them until ready and tender and the liquids have reduced to a thick sauce.
Of course when you use a pressure cooker you must follow the directions of the cooker to the letter!

 Ready! I accompany the beans with feta cheese and pitta bread.

Yummy!

No comments: