Monday 13 February 2012

Lunch with friends 02 - Salad and Main Course!

I must warn you! I don't have any pictures. I didn't take any before I served them. Nothing was left after, so....
Anyway, here is a description:

SALAD
I used greens (lettuce, iceberg, rocket), sun dried tomatos, fresh mozzarella, sesamy seeds (toasted), fig balsamic vinegar and olive oil from the tomato jar!
Mix everything together and serve. Really yummy!

MAIN COURSE
(I wish I had a picture...)
I prepared a dish, which I call Garfield's lasagna!! I love Garfield and I love lasagna, so there you have it.

Garfield's Lasagna (Louise's way)

700gr minced meat
150gr mince from sausages (the inside)
1 onion chopped
1 clove garlic chopped
1 tin tomato puree
1 tin chopped tomatos
1 jar ready pasta sauce (I used pecorino sauce)
1 cup water
salt, pepper, basil, oregano, parsley, thyme (quantities to your liking)
1 pack lasagne sheets (the ones you do not have to preboil)
450gr anthotyro cheese (it is like ricotta)
100gr cottage cheese
1 pack cream cheese with herbs
grated kefalotyri cheese or parmesan (as much as you like)

Cook sausage mince, meat mince, onion and garlic in a pot with a little olive oil until browned. Add all the tomato ingredients and water. Season with herbs, salt and pepper and simmer, stiring from time to time, until the meats are done.
Mix all the cheeses in a bowl, except kefalotyri.
Preheat your oven to about 180 - 190o C.
Assemble in a baking dish: arrange in the bottom lasagna sheets, to cover it. If needed, brake them to match the bottom of your dish. Spread 1/3 meat on top, then 1/3 cheese, then lasagna sheets and repeat.
On top of the final layer of cheeses don't put lasagna. Just sprinkle kefalotyri cheese.
Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 30 min. Uncover and bake another 25 min.
Serve!

Everyone loved it.
I prefer spicy foods, so I added a little tabasco sauce. It is fine anyway you make it though!

No comments: