Tuesday 14 February 2012

Lunch with friends 03 - Dessert!

Luckily I have pictures for this one!

I hadn't made any baked cheesecake for some time and I had missed it! So I made a classic one and served it with a bit of caramel sauce.

BAKED CHEESECAKE

250-300gr biscuit crumbs
120gr melted margarine
900gr cream cheese
200gr granulated sugar
juice of 1/2 lemon (strain it!)
zest of 1/2 lemon
3 eggs separated
125ml heavy cream
vanilla extract

Preheat your oven to 180o C. Spray the pan you will use with oil or melted margarine. Combine biscuits and margarine until evenly moist. You can do it with a fork. Spread on the bottom of the pan and a little to the sides. Chill in the fridge until you use it.
Beat cream cheese and add the yolks, one at a time, slowly, until well combined. Add the sugar and and the heavy cream and beat until it is creamy. Add lemon juice, zest and vanilla.
Beat the egg whites in another bowl until fluffy with soft peaks. Fold the egg whites in your cream cheese mixture gently with a large spoon or spatula until just incorporated.
Pour it in the biscuit crust and bake for 45 min or until it is set in the center and a few min more. I usually go by the color, as I want it to be light golden.
Let it cool in the pan for 30-45 min. Then put it in the fridge overnight. Remove form the fridge 30 min before serving.
You can serve it with ready caramel sauce or confectioner's sugar or jam or fresh fruit, anything you like really!

I used both petit beurre and digestive biscuits for the crust!


Nice and moist!

Smooth it! I like to go all the way up the sides, up to the rim of the pan!


Making the filling!

Ready to bake!

Ready to cut!

Ready to eat!


I wish I had a piece now.....!

No comments: