Wednesday 14 January 2015

Orange Tahini Spritz cookies! - gluten free

Happy New Year!

It has been about a month.... Well, I was busy during the Holidays, both at home and at work (the busiest time of year actually!).
I, of course, baked. As I always do!

Oh, this recipe is a lovely twist on my basic sugar cookie recipe...

You will love it!

Tahini and orange... Well, this is a combination you just can't go wrong with!

I took my basic recipe and added 2 tbsp natural tahini, the zest of 1 orange and orange juice. For the juice part, I used 3 tbsp, because I wanted the cookie dough to be looser than usual, since I wanted to use it through a spritz cookie press.

Another thing is that I made them gluten free and therefore baked them a little longer, than the wheat flour sugar cookies.

If you want rolled cookies, just use the orange zest, the tahini and maybe a teaspoon or two of juice, in order for the dough to be a bit firmer.

Also, you may be able to find orange flavoured tahini and use that!




I dusted some with icing sugar! They are gooood!


No matter how you choose to make them, the taste of these cookies is out of this world!




Louise!

No comments: