Friday 30 May 2014

Almond butter!

I have a thing for nut butters. I feel that the taste is enhanced and the smell, oh, it is amazing!

Following my very very favourite homemade peanut butter, I wanted to experiment with other nuts (well, peanuts are not nuts, they are legumes, but you know what I mean...).

Almond butter

2 cups almonds roasted (bleached, with skins, whatever...)
a pinch of salt
2 tsp stevia

* Put everything in your mixer and blitz.
* It may take some time and it will look coarse before the oils start being released.
* Hang in there...
* When it is creamy, stop and taste. Adjust for sweetness and blitz a little more.
* Put it in a jar.
* Don't look for excuses to open the jar...



(Imagine adding a little melted chocolate to this mixture.....)



Enjoy!

Louise.

No comments: