I have settled on two basic tart shell recipes. One is chocolate and the other is white plain.
This particular one is a kind of tart I make very often.
It goes very well with any kind of filling. Plus it is suitable for fasting.
Lattice tart with jam (Pasta Flora)
recipe from my mom!
225gr olive oil
80gr white sugar
110gr orange juice
2 tbsp brandy
about 500gr self rising flour
jam of your choice
* Preheat the oven to 180oC.
* Beat together the olive oil and the sugar very well.
* Pour the orange juice and brandy and continue beating.
* Start adding the flour and mix at low speed until you have a soft dough, that doesn't stick.
* Use 2/3 of the dough and roll it, according to the size of your tart pan.
* Prick all over with a fork, cover the bottom with cling film, fill with beans and bake for 10 min.
* Remove the beans and film, spread some jam on the tart.
* With the remaining dough, make strings or strips and arrange on the jam.
* Bake for 10 - 15 min, untit it is golden brown.
I made two and used kiwi jam in one and red currant jam in the other!