So I will be testing a number of recipes to find THE one!
Chocolate cake 01
recipe adapted from here
280gr cocoa powder
300gr hot strong coffee
360gr all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
70gr olive oil
225gr brown sugar
225gr white granulated sugar
170gr greek yogurt
2 tsp vanilla
white chocolate chunks
* Preheat your oven to 180oC.
* Butter and flour a round cake pan.
* Sift cocoa in a bowl and add the coffee and honey, whisking. Let it cool completely.
* Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
* Beat the butter and gradually add the oil.
* Add the sugars and beat until fluffy.
* Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
* Add yogurt and vanilla.
* Add the flour mixture and the coffee mixture alternately.
* Beat until just combined.
* Add in the batter white chocolate chunks.
* Bake for 45 min until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean with a few crumbs.
* Let the cake in the pan for 15 min., then invert it on a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe yields a lot of batter, which is good if you want to make a layer cake.
It is tasty and super moist, definately not dry. It actually tastes better the next day.
You can sence the olive oil, so maybe I will try it next time with less, see if it also won't sink.
Overall I liked it and I would make it again.