I love brown butter. I like the taste and the smell, even the process of making it, all these brown bits that start to form!
I found I recipe that seemed interesting.
Brown Butter Carrot Cookies
recipe adapted from here
1 small stick of cinnamon
185gr carrots, shredded
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
240gr all purpose flour
* Put butter and cinnamon in a small sauce pan and heat until the butter begins to brown and smells like caramel.
* Throw away the cinnamon stick and pour the melted butter in a mug and place it in the fridge for 30 min.
* Beat butter until smooth.
* Add sugar and the egg and beat until combined.
* Add carrots and vanilla and mix until just combined.
* Add salt, baking powder and flour.
* Form small balls of dough with your hands and place on baking pans lined with parchment paper.
* Bake in a preheated oven 180oC for about 18 min.until the centres are set.
* Cool on a wire rack.
There were tasty and smelled nice. Quite fragrant actually! They are a very good choice, if you have a lot of carrots and it is also a nice alternative to a carrot cake!