Tuesday 22 July 2014

Apricot - cinnamon jam!

After the fresh apricot upside-down cake I made, I still had a lot of fruit left.

We do eat apricots, but I wanted to preserve them as well, so I made a lovely apricot - cinnamon jam, using my KENWOOD Bread Maker!!!!

It is really easy to make.

I washed, pitted and cubed the apricots. Then I weighed them and added the same amount of sugar.
I also put 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon butter. I didn't add any water, though, because the apricots were very ripe and therefore, juicy enough!

Lastly, the most important step: I chose the jam programme and pressed the button......




The cinnamon is actually a helpfull addition, because it "breaks" a bit of the sweetness of the apricots.

This is a very fragrant jam and you can use it in a lot of ways. For example, I eat it by the spoonful right out of the jar (.......), we eat it on bread, but I also use it in cakes in between the layers and I also glaze cupcakes!


Note: Think toasted bread, cream cheese and this jam.... Heaven!!!



Louise

No comments: