This month was different....
The challenge was not chosen.....
No, we had to decide ourselves, what we wanted to make from all the previous challenges!!!
I was going through the recipes, but I couldn't make up my mind. So many to choose from!
Anyway, the challenge of August 2011, hosted by Lisa and Mandy, caught my eye.
The title? Candylicious!!!!
I chose to make 2 candies from the book "Cookie Dough lover's cookbook" by Lindsay Landis.
Peanut Butter cookie dough cups
For the cookie dough:
75gr peanut butter (I didn't use smooth)
75gr granulated white sugar
110 gr brown sugar
2 tbsp condensed milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
120gr all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
For the chocolate coating:
500gr dark chocolate
* Beat together butter, sugars and peanut butter until fluffy, about 3 min. Mix in milk and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt, until just incorporated. Set aside.
* Melt the chocolate.
* Use molds or small paper cups, like the ones for espresso coffee. Cover the bottom and sides of each paper cup with chocolate, using any tool that feels better. I used a teaspoon and a small offset spatula.
* Every paper cup you cover, put it immediately in the freezer (the freezer worked better for me) so that the chocolate will set.
* You will have used about half the chocolate by now.
* Take about 1 teaspoon of dough, depending on the size of your mold and roll it into a ball. Put it in the cup and press it gently. I used the side of my rolling pin, because it was the exact size.
* Top each cup with about 1/2 or 1 teaspoon of the remaining chocolate and spread it and tap it until it reaches the sides and the filling is completely covered.
* Chill in the fridge until firm and then remove the molds.
You must work in batches, so that the chocolate cups will not soften, while waiting their turn!
Next time I am thinking milk chocolate and sugar cookie dough...
End of part 1.