Tuesday 26 February 2013

Glazed moist orange cake!

Continuing on oranges, after that lovely spoon sweet, which we no longer have, as G ate it all.... we move to a cake!

I like all citrus desserts and the lemon cake is the one I make the most. It pairs nicely with white chocolate...
But I'm getting off the point.

In my files I had a recipe for an orange cake, which I wanted to taste for some time now. It is easy to make and really tasty!

Glazed moist orange cake

3 eggs
175gr granulated sugar
75gr cream
140gr self rising flour
1 tsp baking powder
50gr melted butter
20ml rum (which ever you want)
orange zest from 1 orange

glaze:
100gr confectioner's sugar
orange juice

Preheat the oven to 200o C.
Prepare a baking tin (butter and flour it).
Beat together eggs, sugar and zest.
Add the cream, flour, baking powder and mix well.
Add butter and rum. Mix well.
Pour the batter in the prepared tin and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to let it rest.
Bake at 200o C for 10 minutes and to 170o C for 40 minutes.

In the meantime prepare the glaze:
Mix the sugar with enough orange juice to produce a thick liquid, not paste, not runny.

As soon as the cake is out of the oven, poke it around with a skewer and glaze it. Let it rest for 10 minutes and glaze again.
After about 10 minutes take the cake out of the tin and glaze it again all over. I used a paint  brush to brush the glaze on..
You can do this every few minutes until you have used up all the glaze.

Decorate with some orange spoon sweet!!!




Trust me... You will love it!

Louise

No comments: