Tuesday 12 May 2015

Strawberry cake!

Strawberries! So good for you! And they are in season, too!

Strawberry cake is a classic, that I actually had never made before.
I baked two variations. One with fresh strawberry puree and one with strawberry flavoured jello, just to see the difference.

I will not even show you the fake strawberry one. Awful! I (we all) hated the taste.

The one with the fresh strawberries, though.... Ah, that is another thing.... Perfect!

I used my vanilla cake recipe, in which I simply added about 250gr of strawberries, in a form of coarse puree, not very smooth that it, because I wanted these little bits of strawberry to appear!





The glaze is very simple. Just confectioner's sugar, 1 tbsp of milk and 2 tbsp of strawberry puree, all mixed in a rather runny consistency.

Beautiful!

Louise

No comments: