Friday 20 June 2014

Flourless fudgy brownie - gluten free!

Brownies..... I love them.... Is there anyone who doesn't? Amazing dessert!

I belong to those who like their brownies fudgy and not cakey. I just cannot resist this dense, chocolate flavour in my mouth! Yum...

Flourless Fudgy Brownies
recipe from my nutritionist, adapted

2 tbsp salted butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp almond flour
2 egg whites
1 egg
1/3 cup corn starch
1 tsp baking soda
100gr melted dark chocolate

* Preheat the oven to 190oC.
* Line with parchment paper a 20x20 cm pan, butter and dust it with flour.

* Place the sugar and the water in a small saucepan and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
* Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and the vanilla.
* Stir in the cocoa powder until it is thick.
* Mix in the egg and egg whites, so that it is very creamy.
* Stir in the starch and the baking soda.
* Pour into the prepared pan, smooth the surface and bake 25-30 min, until the side spring back when you press them.
* Place it on a wire rack and let it cool completely in the pan.
* Remove it from the pan, place on a platter and dust either with powdered sugar, cocoa powder or, my personal favourite, cinnamon!

 Sprinkled with cinnamon!
Cinnamon and chocolate is a match made in heaven!

(I know the pictures have more light than needed, but the brownies are so dark, I had to change the setting of my camera just to show this!)



Unbelievably good!
They also freeze well. I cut them in pieces and freeze them. I thaw them overnight on the kitchen counter.


MAKE THEM!

Louise!

No comments: