Tuesday 11 June 2013

Pasta-less lazagna!

I was surfing around on the Internet the other day with nothing specific in mind, just on the general subject of the South Beach Diet.
I saw many recipes and the general idea was that you try to replace carbs, ie. pasta with vegetables, especially courgettes.

One of my very very favourite recipes is, what I call, the Garfield lasagna!!!

So, I decided to give it a twist....

Pasta-less lasagna

ingredients:
courgettes, enough to make layers on the deep dish you will use
mince meat sauce, any kind you like or you can make it yourself
low - fat yellow cheese, again use your favourite
low - fat cream cheese, to your liking

There is really nothing to it. You prepare them the regular way! Just have the ingredients ready and start assembling.

Cut your courgettes thin, I used a mandoline.

Spray a non-stick pan with olive oil and cook the courgettes.

Layer them in your baking dish.

Add a layer of meat sauce.

Then some yellow cheese and some cream cheese (not shown).
Once you have finished layering, bake the lasagna in a preheated 180oC oven for at least 40 minutes.

Ready!

The layers turned out well and the taste was very good. It could use a little more salt!
There was more liquid than I liked, so next time I will salt the courgettes and let them drain, before I cook them.

Louise

No comments: