Wednesday 21 November 2012

Present presentation!!

When I make a present, I want it to be special (of course), but in a way that is personal to me and to the recipient.
I try to figure out what is best for the person in question a few days ahead and try to match it to their personality.
My personal touch on the matter is usually the wrapping / packaging. It has to be pretty and cute and strange and have a wow-factor about it.

When it was my sister's birthday, I got her a kaftan. It was gift wrapped at the shop in a bag, but I wanted something diferent. So....
I bought a tube of Pringles (and washed it thoroughly)....

I have my wrapping paper ready, my scissors, double-sided tape and I begin...
I used the tape to cover the tube with wrapping paper. I left the lid as it was. (You can see the kaftan at the right top corner, blue, teal, olive green, beige, a hint of yellow... Love these colours!)
I used the tape to secure the yellow ribbon to the sides of the tube, put the kaftan in and then closed with the lid...
I added a Birthday Wish tag...
I tied a nice bow...

And there you have it!

She liked both the kaftan and the packaging!!!

No comments: